diumenge, 15 de maig del 2016

FINAL REFLECTION: My English Level

Now that we've finished English classes (this is my last post!) it is time to look back and see the transition of my English level. I have chosen two your says where I've talked about the same topic to compare them. The first one was written the first term of 1st Batxillerat, and the second on in the second term of 2nd Batxillerat. The topic is "Gender Violence". 

This is one of my first YOUR SAYs. It is weird but I feel ashamed after reading it. It is full of silly mistakes like not writing the final "S": "because nobody deserve". There is also a sentence that I don't understand: "Never be obsessed with someone is like love him a lot". The sentence "Every year thousands of woman and girls die for the gender violence" is hideous. I didn't wirte correctly "women", I made a bad use of the preposition "for" (because of) and I am not sure at all but the article "the" it was not needed. 

In regard to the maturity of the essay, I have to say that it seems like it was written by a kid. The issue requires maturity and be treated in another way. Furthermore, there is no originality regarding vocabulary. The YOUR SAY of 2nd Batxillerat is 12487129784 times better. There are connectors, varied and mature vocabulary, a good structure and arguments, etc. I really think that it is one of my best compositions. 

If I have to choose my favourite and best written production of all I've done, I would pick out Can technology make a better world?. I worked in it with Mireia, so we joined our ideas and wrote a good argumentative text. It is simple, accurate and well crafted. It doesn't have much complication but is correct. Moreover, it contains phrasal verbs and "rich" vocabulary. This composition shows my currently English level (we've done it in class without using internet).

One analyzed my work, I can assert that I am proud of my English evolution. My grammar is better, my vocabulary wide and my ideas more mature. Now for example, I am able to write an introduction that can get the reader's attention. As to speaking, I talk more fluently than before. An anecdote, is that one of my interviews of my research paper was in English: I talked with a montessorian teacher in English during 30 minutes and she understood me without any problem. Also, when we went to London I could talk quietly. In addition, I can watch programs, TV series (The Vampire Diaries), movies, interviews in british or american English and understand the 80% of it. So, my next goal is to get the First Certificate this year. I have to improve a lot but in two years I've experienced an incredible change. English lessons are REALLY useful, what you learn you will use it in real life, and this fact I appreciate it a lot. 

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada